Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tiny Talk - episode three: feeling lost



This episode of Tiny Talk I think can relate to a few different issues that people encounter over their lives. From choosing GCSE's and A Level's, to deciding if you want to go to university, or even if you are having a career crisis like myself.

Life throws many different problems and decisions your way, and only you can decide what is the right choice for you. I think feeling lost is an issue that a lot of people seem to face around the 20 year old mark, unless you're super organised and you have got your life together somehow. I kind of envy those people; I am so indecisive that I change my mind about what I want to do, or where I want to go, every single day. One day I can feel like I know exactly where I am in life, then the next I could be borderline breakdown because I will feel so lost. So if you are at university or college, or you are about to be going to something like that, just remember that you don't have to follow the line of your degree or course after you graduate. It's not the end of the world if you choose to do something completely different - who cares as long as you're happy?!

If you are feeling lost and you don't even know why, then believe me I know that feeling too. Some days you just wake up and get that feeling that you just have no idea what you're doing with your life, or why you are where you are. The only advice I can give for that is to just ride it out - which is exactly what I am doing. There have been times where I have wondered why the hell I am doing what I am doing because I am just not enjoying it. But I keep thinking that at one point I thought this was a good idea and that it would benefit me in some way in the future - so why should I give it up now just to probably regret it later on in life? Always stick something out until the end, because you only regret the things you don't do

At the same time, if you're feeling lost in relation to something you're doing e.g. a university course, or your job, try a new way of doing it. Whether this be handwriting some things instead of being glued to your laptop 24 hours a day, or switch up your daily routine. Doing things differently can reignite your love for something that you thought you had lost. 

Alternatively, just do something you love! If you're feeling lost, just stop and do something that you know you enjoy doing. I do this with my blog. If I feel down or lost, I come straight here and just do some writing, whether I publish it or not, because I love it I feel a lot better. Try this with reading, or if you can draw go doodle something. A long walk can always solve any problem too; it's great for reflecting on everything, especially if you live down by the sea like I do. Grab your iPod, or a friend if there is one nearby, and just go for a stroll. 

I hope that this helps anyone feeling a bit down like me, and if you have any more tips then leave them in the comments below.

As always thank you for reading, don't forget to subscribe and click all my social media links over to the right.

See you again next time for episode four of Tiny Talk!

You can read Little Boots' version of this HERE.

No comments :

Post a Comment