Sunday, August 25, 2013

My life in letters

Hello there, buddies.

Well I was browsing YouTube last night, like ya' do, and came across a video by Alex Day called Life in Letters and thought that it might be a good idea for me to do a post based on this video!

I had a similar post planned to do in November, but I may as well do it now - once I have got the idea in my head, it just has to happen.

The life in letters thing is basically going through the alphabet and picking one or two (I have three for one) words beginning with that letter that represent your life.

Some of the ones I picked will probably make you roll your eyes as you know them pretty well already, but I am sorry...I am a simple person.

Oh, hand update: the burn is still painful today. I have a lovely purple shade of skin now which is cool...not. The mark where my ring was burned to my hand is also very obvious now. Luckily (not so lucky) my shift at work was cancelled today because of the weather so it is likely that my hand will be considerably better for tomorrow. 

Weird ramble over, here we go!

A is for...Anime
As you might already know, I love anime. I have always loved things like "Howl's Moving Castle" (which you should watch if you haven't) but I have had friends that have introduced me to television series and other films, too. They are generally pretty good, if not slightly weird, but you should definitely watch some. I might do an anime related post soon.

B is for...Blogging
You probably all know that my blog is basically my life. I share everything with you guys, and I love to do it. I spend hours planning and organising posts, then writing them up and promoting them to the right people. Just hope you guys love reading it as much as I love writing it. 

C is for...Crazy
My life is pretty crazy and hectic at the moment. I have a lot of things going on all at once and it is difficult to keep up with them all! I am also a slightly crazy person as many people might tell you, so I think this applies.

C is also for...CrimSoc
CrimSoc is the society related to my university course, and something I was heavily involved in last year at uni. I am lucky enough to be the Social Secretary this year so I get to plan loads of nights out and events which is so awesome. 

D is for...Dog
I love my dog, Macey. She is a Tibetan Terrier and is the funniest thing in the entire world. You can read more about her in my Things My Dog Thinks post.

E is for...Excellent
I would say that my life is pretty excellent right now. I don't think I can really think of anything I could say is bad with it at the moment. If you would have asked me this last year I probably would have used a different word for 'E' and I think I have uni and my friends to thank for that.

F is for...Friends
I have got the most amazing little group of friends I think anyone could ask for. Most of them are from uni, but there are a couple from home who have stuck by me for so long, especially Laura who I have known pretty much all my life. My uni friends are just awesome, and put up with my drunken ass (although I have to deal with theirs, too), and we have made some cool plans for after uni and whatnot! So thank you, guys.

F is also for...Finding Nemo
I am probably the biggest Finding Nemo fan you will ever meet in your entire life. I have so many Nemo plush toys on my bed that there is no room left for me. I just think it is the best film in existence. My parents went on holiday and got me several little Nemo related things. I know the entire film off by heart, and I have seen Finding Nemo - The Musical in Walt Disney World so many times I know all the songs.

G is for...Ghibli
Studui Ghibli is an anime company who make awesome films such as "My Neighbour Totoro", "Howl's Moving Castle", "Spirited Away" and "Princess Mononoke" to name my favourites! If you follow me on Twitter you will see that I am ever so slightly obsessed with them, especially Totoro who is the cutest thing ever. So hop on over to the Studio Ghibli Wikipedia page where you can find a list of all their films and series shows and get watching!

H is for...Harry Potter
I am, and forever will be, a Potterhead. +James had the pleasure of watching a Harry Potter film with myself and Vikki and enjoyed the fact that we can quote the entire thing. I think my dedication shows in my post I did about Harry Potter...Slightly obsessed.

I is for...Internet
I think it is safe to say my entire life is on the internet, or revolves around it. My blog, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, everything is on here.

J is for...Jacksgap.com
Jacksgap.com is a website made by Jack and Finn Harries, otherwise known as Jacksgap on YouTube, and is a fairly recent development. It is so awesome and I think I must go on it every single day. There is something on there for absolutely everyone. If you haven't yet visited the site, click on the link in the top line and you can head on over there and check it out.

K is for...Kiss fm
Kiss fm is a radio channel with such a large variety of music on it, and I just love it. It is the only channel I have programmed in to the radio app on my phone and I listen to it everywhere. The only problem is, I can't tune it in to my car.

L is for...Little things
Shockingly I am not talking about the One Direction song, although that could count...I mean, I love the little things in life. An example of this is postcards. I have a small (large) collection of postcards that I just pick up from any place I go. I even have postcards from Plymouth and I live there. Other little things in life can just cheer me up pretty much instantly.

M is for...Movies
I love movies and films, and my DVD collection is over 200 strong. I could sit and watch films pretty much all day if you ask me. Especially if I find a film that has a bit of everything in it. I am not a big romance person, and much prefer a comedy or animated film compared to those slushy fucking annoying films.

M is also for...Marvel
I am a bit of a Marvel freak...My all time favourite is Spiderman. I sort of freaked out when I went to Universal Studios in Florida for the first time about 8 years ago and met Spiderman. He is my favourite. Spiderman forever. I also saw the Avengers film in the cinema about 5 times...oops.

N is for...Notes
I like to make notes on everything. I like post it notes, reminder notes, planning notes, the lot. I have so many notebooks I could open a shop and sell them all. I have gone through like two notebooks now just for this blog, which has only been open for 2 months. How sad is that?

N is also for...Nandos
Bet you thought I wasn't going to put it in there....nope. I am such a Nandos addict. I drove 40 minutes to get to a Nandos once because there isn't one in my home town. I have also made dinner plans on the day I get back to uni to go to Nandos. I have about 3 different Nandos products in my fridge, and I put the sauce with almost everything. Nandos, give me a job.

O is for...Open
I think as a rule I am very open about my opinions on things, and if I have a problem with someone or something then I will make sure that I don't bitch about it behind their back. I genuinely hate it when people write bitchy or snide comments about someone or something on things like Twitter or Facebook instead of telling the person. Now I know we have all done it, but it is just sad I think.

P is for Plymouth
Plymouth is where I consider home at the moment. I go to uni there and love it. It's such a lush city and everything is within walking distance from everything else. The sea is like a 5 minute walk from the city center and gah it is just lush. I love living there!

Q is for...Quirky
I think I get described as quirky quite a lot simply because of my mannerisms. I am a very strange person, basically.

R is for...Radio 1
Oh look, another radio channel. Radio One is also pretty cool, especially on a Sunday at 7-9pm....hint hint. I also love Nick Grimshaw!

S is for...Sarcasm
I am pretty sarcastic and I think I am more fluent in sarcasm than any other language I speak.

T is for...Travelling
I love travelling and being on the road or in a plane, basically just going anywhere. I don't travel as much as I would like to at the moment because of money restrictions and whatnot, but I have so many travelling plans after I graduate so I can't wait for those!

U is for...University
The main bulk of my life at the moment revolves around university, so this had to be in there.

V is for...Vikki
Vikki has been mentioned in several of my posts over the last couple of months. If you are a new reader, Vikki is my best buddy! She is currently in Italy on holiday with her family so I am sending her constant email updates (although haven't done one in so long) about the happenings of the Internet. Love her lots.

W is for...Weird
I am weird. That is all.

W is also for...Walt Disney
I am a die hard Disney fan, and have so much love for Walt Disney himself. He is the main creator of everything that has made me who I am, from Disney movies to TV shows, to the theme parks. I think I have him to thank for a lot of things.

X is for...X's
These aren't kisses before you think that. I do something called "don't break the chain" which is basically a time management and motivational thing basically. I know a lot of people use this technique to get things done that they work on. Basically it is where you dedicate a certain amount of time per day to doing the thing you need to do, in my case blogging, and then cross of the day on a calendar or chart. The idea is that you do something every day so you don't break the chain of crosses. It is so effective, so when you think I am being lazy and not posting, I am still working on blog things!

Y is for...YouTube
I think this is an obvious one, but I have always loved YouTube and the YouTubers I watch just make me feel so much better. That sounds sad...but they are like friends!

Z is for...Zigzags
I have a bit of a thing about zigzags and I find myself doodling them all the time or decorating things with them.


Ok so that is my life in letters. Now you know a little bit more about me, too!

If you enjoyed this post, let me know by clicking "Join This Site" on the top left to subscribe to me and know when I post new things.

As always thank you for reading and I will speak to you tomorrow!

Toodle-oo!



No comments :

Post a Comment