Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Big announcements!

Hello there, buddies!

So I have just cracked 8000 viewers which is absolutely mental! So thank you so so so much to everyone who has ever read, shared or talked about my blog. I have you guys to thank for everything!

I thought that this would be a good time to make this announcement instead of chucking it in the middle of a normal post and having it go right in one ear and out the other.

I have decided that since my blog is going down so well that if I get over 10 000 viewers by the end of the year, I will purchase the rights and copyrights to my name and become my own website!

I have spoken to one of my amazing friends who is going to work on some graphics with me so I will be having a massive overhaul on here and everything will have a brand new look! 

I will be keeping with my general idea of the fact that my blog is based on me ranting and that it is all personal and whatnot, so the content itself will probably not change. I will be sticking to my core pages of "rants", "raves" and "rambles" and also my new series "how it should have ended" will be there too (read more about that below) but possibly adding a few new things, so read about that below.

Rants
My rants seem to be the favourite of you guys so I will just stick to them as they are I think. I have made a recent list of things I want to talk about in this segment, so there are loads of different things I have planned for you. I will also be able to add more styles of rants when I get back to uni, so stay tuned for all that!

Raves
My raves page seems to be just full of random posts that don't classify as rants or rambles. They are mainly consisting of "how to" posts or random chatter about things. So I want to know what you guys want to see on this page. So let me know in the comments!

Rambles
My rambles page is quite popular with you all, too! I think I will be keeping this how it is and whatnot, but let me know if you want any changes to it!

How It Should Have Ended - original series
If you are a regular reader to my blog you will know that I am starting my own original writing series based on traditional fairy tales. This series is me re-writing them in different genres - probably horror - just simply as something for a creative outlet for me. I am planning on starting this series in September, with the first one being published on September 30. I cannot promise I can stick to that date as the first few weeks of uni are hectic, but I will be working on it for at least half an hour every day. You can read the synopsis of my series here. I am definitely taking suggestions on this series, or if any of you would like to feature in it, illustrate it or co-write then get in touch! All my links are at the end of the post, or on the right.

Potential new segments
I am hoping to launch a few new segments on here in the new year. I am unsure of the final list, but they will be weekly segments about anything. I am thinking the first one will be readers choice where you guys take control. This can be either by making videos, sending me segments to put in, or telling me what to write. Comment below with your opinions.

University segment
I am considering doing a segment on my blog of university survival, student tips, and a life of a student sort of thing. Although this will be aimed largely at students, it will be a good read for anyone who just wants a general giggle. So let me know your opinions on that.

News
After the incredible success of my ask.fm post (which you can read here) I am thinking that a few posts about things like this - aka areas of concern and news headlines - might go down well with you all. Not sure what you will think, but I might trial some as and when the time is right so I can see how well it goes down.

YouTube
You all know I have a YouTube channel but I don't use it because I am lazy. I am going to get this completely up and running in the new year and have it fully functioning with new uploads every week. I will be working with a friend of mine in September to make a rather amusing video, so stay tuned for that! 

Social media
All my media links are to the right and at the end of every post, but I want to know if there are any sites that you guys use and want me to add myself on? Let me know.

Challenges
I do have a challenges section on my blog at the moment which have a few things that people have tagged me in or asked me to do. I am thinking of getting rid of that segment completely and introducing them as normal posts, but I am still thinking that through.

Layout
The layout of my website at the moment has been dubbed "messy and terrible looking" so I am thinking that this might be a general thought from you guys. I am quite annoyed at the manner this was put forward to me as I quite like the layout of my blog, but I will be changing it slightly with my new graphics. I am unsure of how I am going to do this yet, but I know my social media links will look different, and I will do a new header. The pages may change position, too, but we shall see what the designs look like!

Suggestions - what you want to see
Last but not least, I want to hear from you about what you guys want to see. So contact me by any of my links or even by commenting.


So I think that is everything I needed to tell you for now....

Vikki is also back from her holiday so I am sure I can rope her in to do some stuff with me for my blog - so stay tuned for those in October!

If you enjoyed some of the things I have mentioned in this then let me know, and click "Join This Site" to know when I post new articles.

As always thank you for reading and I will speak to you tomorrow!

Toodle-oo!

No comments :

Post a Comment