Monday, June 24, 2013

Old Disney Channel rocks

Hello there, buddies!


Have you ever wondered what  the hell happened to Disney Channel? Yes, this means I have recently watched the Disney channel. This is going to be one hell of a rant. So enjoy.

Let's first talk about the original Disney Channel shows. These will be reference to the ones broadcast in the UK as we do get slightly different shows than the US.


The first I want to talk about is Cory In The House. This was a spin off from That's So Raven where Cory moved in to the White House. I LOVED this program! There were so many little quirks and jokes which were hilarious! The portrayal of the President was really good, too! This show ran from 2007 until 2008. BRING IT BACK!! 




Then there was the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I much preferred this to the most recent spin off of Suite Life on Deck. This in mainly due to the characters of Maddie, Carey, Arwin and Estaban. They were so funny, and Arwin's obsession with Carey had me in stitches (mainly as I can now relate to it as an ultimate fan girl!). It also has had a feature length movie, and longer episodes including Hannah Montana and Raven. The show ran from 2005 until 2008 when it branched out to the newest series. 



Now the ULTIMATE Disney Channel show, That's So Raven. I think this show had some of the best role models for girls my age when i watched it as there were loads of references to the fact that women come in all different shapes and sizes, whereas shows now seem to promote skinny girls. Raven is just simply awesome! The show ran from 2003 until 2007. If they don't start showing reruns of this I will lose my mind.


And now are are going to encounter Even Stevens. This show moved to a different channel after some time, but was so freaking awesome! No one would ever recognise Shia LaBoeuf now would they? The show ran from 2000 until 2003, so is one of the oldest shows on my list I think. There is also a movie!


Now we shall be talking about Lizzie McGuire! Hilary Duff's big break! The show follows Lizzie through her journey of high school with all the typical teenage girl issues. There is also her alter-ego in the form of a cartoon version of herself. There is also the Lizzie McGuire movie (which I am now going to watch for the millionth time) where the gang abroad on a school trip! The show ran from 2001 until 2004. They need to make reruns of this ASAP.




Then there is the amazing series of Recess. This still runs sometimes as a rerun, and I LOVW IT. Such an awesome series though. Some of my favourite Disney Channel memories revolve around this show. It ran from 1997 to 2001 and I love the fact I can catch reruns here there and everywhere. 


Now, there is the issue of Art Attack. The original series was so much better than this new crappy thing they have on Disney Channel. Get it together! There were so many things I made because of this show as a kid. Now, it is just a bit shit. The old series ran from 1990 until 2007 and was presented by Neil Buchanan. The new series launched in 2007 and still runs now.


Now for the BEST series on Disney Channel - Bear in the Big Blue House! I have actually met Bear whilst in Disney World when he used to feature in a show there. It ran from 1997 until 2007. They don't do reruns of this anymore I don't think but omg they really should. I am almost 20 but I would watch this.


We are going seriously retro now with PepperAnn, a cartoon which ran from 1997 until 2000. It to this day remains one of my favourite cartoons. I might write a thing on my favourite cartoons after this. A lot of kids these days have no idea what this is, which makes me sad as it was so awesome! I do believe you can watch it online somewhere.


Timon and Pumbaa had their own spin off show, if you remember! It was awesome, and I have a few of my favourite episodes of it recorded on a video tape. Yup, a VIDEO tape. No DVDs back in my day, kids. The show only had 3 seasons and ran from 1995 until 1999.


Another cartoon which not many people know existed is The Weekenders. This has to be in my top cartoons! Although it seems to have disappeared all together and I cannot find it anywhere! The show ran from 1999 until 2004, so it wasn't too long ago but no one remembers it!






I am going to stop this post now as I could go on for ages...

So this was a list of my favourite old school Disney Channel shows. If you have any others then comment below!

Don't forget to subscribe and do all the social media bits and bobs!

No comments :

Post a Comment