Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014 plans

A lot of people enter every new year with these so called "resolutions" in order to improve themselves or an aspect of their lives. I think these are rubbish because no one ever keeps to them and most people have usually broken them by like January 5th, so I don't bother. Instead I make some sort of plan. Now I know you are probably thinking that it's the same as a resolution, but that is where you are wrong! A resolution implies that it is something to be continued throughout the year, whereas a plan is something that is an ongoing thing and I don't feel under any pressure to do it in just the one year.

So in true form I thought that there could be no better people than to share my plans with than my lovely readers. If you manage to read through this completely and not either think I am an idiot, or decide to unsubscribe then you get a bunny rabbit wearing a top hat as a reward. 

The first sort of plan is that I want to do more things for me. The last year and a bit were all about me making decisions based upon someone else who quite clearly did not reciprocate - although at the time it seemed as if they did. Looking back on the last god knows how long, I was unhappy, unstable and not myself. That's a big thing for me I think, I have and always will be true to myself, but I let one person manipulate and control how I felt and what I did and that is not how I want to live my life. I am a very independent person: I will not ask for help, I will almost never take advice, and I am as stubborn as they come, but that is me and I very much doubt I will change. So from now on it's going to be a matter of doing what makes me happy, not what makes someone else happy. 

On a relatively similar note I want to be a lot more comfortable in my own skin. As a female I find myself at a constant struggle with the attention on appearance. As a twenty-something year old I also find this something that I have to deal with on a daily basis. I have said numerous times in different posts about not letting other people's ideals influence how you feel about yourself, so now I am actually going to start taking that advice. I want to be more comfortable with my body - I am never going to be a six foot size bloody 0 model. I am a normal, curvy woman with fucking ass and boobs, so who should go around telling me that because I am chubby I shouldn't be happy? Well boo-fucking-hoo to whoever makes up those rules, please go shove them where the sun doesn't shine thank you very much. 

The last personal note I will include on this one, and I shan't go in to much detail because my private life will remain private. But for once I don't want to fuck something up, or be the cause of pushing someone away as that seems to be a common denominator in the last 5 years. I can honestly say that right now I am the happiest I have been in a good 6 or 7 years now, and I want the reason for that to be there for as long as they want to stay there. So that will probably mean the likes of my blog will take a bit of a back seat because it does take over my life quite a lot, and I shouldn't let it. But yes, I digress, I am a happy bunny at the moment, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings to this little part of my life.

Anyway moving on from that completely, we turn to my blog. As you can probably see I have had a few overhauls in the last month or so. I have changed my design a fair amount and I do quite like the way Lovelychubly looks now. I think it looks a lot more professional than the overcrowded mess it was a while back. So I think there are a few developments that I want to make on here.

First of all I actually want to crack on with How It Should Have Ended because I have been saying that I am going to be writing it from day one and I have been so busy with work and university that I just haven't found the time to sit down and properly plan everything. But I have changed the direction that I am going to go with it - an update shall follow soon. Hopefully I will have it completely fully written within the next 7 months and it will hopefully be published not long after that! Don't frown and think that it's a long time...it takes a lot of time and effort to sit down and write a novel so keep your eyes peeled for little snippets here there and everywhere. Also if any of you are still interested in illustrating it then get hold of me by clicking any of my social media links on the sidebar. 

I also have another little series tucked up my sleeve. As you know I study criminology at university, which is completely unrelated to writing. So I thought why don't I combine the two and start a little chapter-by-chapter thing on my blog which, when completed, will essentially be a book? So that is what I am going to do. I will be looking at writing some sort of detective style crime novel, but specifics and whatnot are quite fuzzy at the moment so keep your eyes peeled there, too!

I think that is everything mainly to be honest. There are obviously little lifestyle habits I want to kick but they are completely boring and utter nonsense for you guys so I saved you some time there.

I just want to take a quick moment to say a little something to you all:

I originally started Lovelychubly just as a place to vent my thoughts and to have a little rant; never did I expect that it would take off to the level that it is now. I have gone from a crappy little blog to a full on website in the space of 6 months, and I have been offered so many different opportunities because of my writing becoming so popular. For this I have you all to thank. My posts could never have got to where they are without the audience who read them, so thank you very much to all of you! If I could hug all 12, 000 of you I would! I hope that you do keep coming back to see what Lovelychubly has in store for you, and I promise I will get back to my regular posts soon enough. Hope you had a lovely new year and didn't get too drunk, you messy lot!

As always thank you for reading. All my social media links are over in the sidebar, and do feel free to share and comment and all those annoying little things I ask you to do all the time. 


Goodnight, lovelies. 

No comments :

Post a Comment