Friday, August 02, 2013

"How It Should Have Ended" original series synopsis (COMING SOON)

Hello there, buddies!

Well I had a little bit of a brainwave earlier on for a new series on my blog. This new series will be alternate endings to stories and fairy tales where I will then rewrite the entire story from a different perspective! 

So for the first part of the series I will tell you my ideas for alternate endings for fairy tales, Disney movies and classic stories!

DISCLAIMER: Please remember that all characters are not my own and are the copyright and property of the author/company. I do not own any rights to any of these and the content I write is just my thoughts on them and, in some circumstances, a parody of them.

So here are my first few ideas! All feedback on them is welcome and any other things that you would like me to create an alternate ending to and rewrite should all be commented below!

Please bear in mind that I am considering the fact that all of these will be transformed in to a horror format/genre so they are most likely going to be really dark and whatnot. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I am just going to bullet point for now as this could get reaaallly long otherwise.

I wrote that bit above like two days ago and have since had a different idea. Thought I would keep it to prove to you that I do actually do work and that I don't sit on my ass all day (I do). Basically I decided that giving away the things that I have planned is like reading the last pages of a book before you even read the first chapter - completely pointless and involving spoilers. So naturally I thought I would tell you a bit about my series, the things I have planned, and what I plan on doing with them. 
Image from: www.crystalkiss.com - very talented, go take a look


I will also welcome every single bit of feedback you have - whether you think this will be a success, any suggestions for changes in my series, or things that you want to see! I want to make this series enjoyable for you, too! 

I am thinking I might also do a reader custom story where you get to choose between several different options and then I take your choices and make them into a story! What do you think? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

So I am looking for some artists to do some work for me for my series. Read the crazy red bit below to find out more.


Calling all artists: if you are really good at drawing/animating then I am looking for you! If you would be interested in doing the concept art for my re-tell of these stories then please get in touch by either my Twitter or emailing me at danielleowen@live.co.uk with a preview of the things you can do! I will be choosing the best few to feature in my version of the fairy tales! 


Ok so I thought I should tell you about the titles I am currently working with for my series. I have chosen a select few (loads) to start with. At first I was looking at doing just traditional fairy tales, then I thought why don't I branch out? So I am currently working with the idea of doing Disney movies and maybe if they end up being successful then I will branch out and tackle some other movies. So let me know what you think about that.

These are the ones I have chosen so far. If there are any ones you want me to add/remove then comment in the box below!


CINDERELLA


SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS


SLEEPING BEAUTY


LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD


THREE LITTLE PIGS


GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS


BEAUTY AND THE BEAST


THE UGLY DUCKLING


THE GINGERBREAD MAN


RUMPLESTILTSKIN


HANSEL AND GRETEL


THE LITTLE MERMAID


THE PRINCESS AND THE PEA


ROBIN HOOD


RAPUNZEL


THE FROG PRINCE


JACK AND THE BEANSTALK


ALADDIN


ALICE IN WONDERLAND


WINNIE THE POOH


PINOCCHIO


THE WIZARD OF OZ


PETER PAN


THE LION KING


TOY STORY


RATATOUILLE


The basic idea for this is to take your traditional fairy tale and twist and turn it to make it in to a horror story. So I will be keeping the original plot for each one e.g. Cinderella going to the ball, but adding in an alternate motive to turn it absolutely horrifying. 

At first I was just going to rewrite them with a random ending and keep the same plot etc, but I thought that a lot of people do that sort of thing, so I will do something completely different and give your childhood stories a more adult twist!

I hope you like this idea! I am not sure when I will be publishing my first one as it is taking a lot of planning and writing each one is quite time consuming. I will keep you updated on the progress!

Comment below with your thoughts and ideas on what I have got so far - I would love for you to all like my work on this series so your opinions are very important!

Toodle-oo!


No comments :

Post a Comment