Friday, June 08, 2018

Disney World Dining Plans - August 2018

Happy Friday!

As you may know if you follow my Twitter or Instagram, I am heading back to Disney World in August for my 11th trip! This time, it is for a whopping 17 nights at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort. 

We upgraded to the Disney Dining Plan so I am going to share with you my reservations for this trip. I will do a general trip overview after we have booked our FastPasses next Saturday (eek!). 

August 22nd 

We don't have any reservations booked for our first night. Usually, we head into Magic Kingdom but we are so tired that we don't tend to eat anything. Thought best to save it for a night we will enjoy it!

August 23rd

We have Tony's Town Square Restaurant booked for 18:35 in the Magic Kingdom. This was one of my favourite restaurants on my last trip. I am really looking forward to chowing down on the Chicken Parmigana again, it was so good! I love the atmosphere in here and the Lady and the Tramp fountain always makes a good photo. Be sure to go and spot the paw prints out the front of the restaurant. 

August 24th

We have 50s Prime Time Cafe at 13:40 in Hollywood Studios. This was another favourite of mine last year. As with Tony's, the atmosphere is fantastic. The food equally is great and I especially love the friend chicken. I also, hands down, recommend a milkshake. You can have this as a drink or dessert (get it as a drink!) and it is massive! Whatever you don't drink there and then you can have in a take out cup.

August 25th 

We have a breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest at 08:30 in the Magic Kingdom. I especially love getting a "before the park opens" reservation. Now that you get to head to the castle before the park opens, it has lost its charm a little, but it is a great time to take those less crowded castle pics. You then get let through to Fantasyland and New Fantasyland without anyone else around. It again makes for great photos. I am hoping to have the Feast a la Gaston. This was a new one for me on the last trip as I believe they changed their menu and I loved it!

We then have a dinner at the Rose and Crown Dining Room at 16:15 in Epcot. This was another great one for me last time. I had the tikka chicken which was fantastic and the jaffa tarts which, if you know me, are completely ideal. If you go here, try and get a later evening slot and sit outside for the fireworks. We are hoping to change our reservation to a little later so we can watch IllumiNations. 

August 26th

We have a lunch reservation at The Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom at 13:30. I much prefer the Animal Kingdom site than the one in Disney Springs. It usually seems slightly less crowded. Wherever you sit in here, you will have a great time. Last year I had the chicken parmigana for my meal followed by the cheesecake. I might try something a bit different this time. 

August 27th

We have a dinner reservation at Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom at 17:10. This is a completely new restaurant for me and I am really excited to see what it is like. I have seen so many videos that show the restaurant itself and how the servers are very similar to the Skippers on the Jungle Cruise. I think this is going to be right up my street!

August 28th

We have a breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for 09:25. This is a great buffet restaurant with some equally great character interactions. I will not lie, I am mostly excited for unlimited tater tots. I so wish we had them in the UK.

August 29th

We have lunch reservations for Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom at 12:50 and 13:20. We have two separate ones due to not being able to get a table of 6, but hopefully we should be OK to go in together. Lunch is a great way to use a quick service credit and you get more food then a usual quick service meal. 

We then have a dinner reservation for Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' at Disney Springs for 18:30. This is a new one for me entirely, so I am excited to see what it is like. The menu seems interesting and the combination of fried chicken and donuts seems like a different choice!

August 30th

We have a lunch reservation at Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Villas for 13:00. I am super excited about this one. The food is my favourite style of cuisine and I am really hoping we will get to sit near the window with a great view. I am excited to try the butter chicken! 

August 31st

We have a dinner reservation at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom for 18:00. I went here on my last trip for breakfast and loved it so it will be nice to try it out for dinner. There is also some great photo opportunities for safari pics! Although I am excited to try a few different bits and bobs, I can see that the kids section has corn dog nuggets and mac and cheese... 

September 1st

We have a dinner reservation at The Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom for 17:55. This is an oldie but goodie for my family. Before we had the dining plan, we would pay for a meal here. I love the character interaction with the Winnie The Pooh characters. I had my 18th birthday here and Tigger made me walk round the room for the friendship song. I love the variety of different dishes and the fact I can drink chocolate milk to my heart's content. 

September 2nd

We have a dinner reservation at Via Napoli in Epcot for 18:45. This is another great return from my previous trip. I really enjoyed Via Napoli, especially for the fact that the pizza was nice and traditional. I love the ovens at the back and definitely recommend you go and check them out. 

September 3rd

We have a lunch reservation at Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom for 13:15. This was my ultimate restaurant on my last trip and I already know what I will be eating. Chicken tikka masala! It was probably one of the nicest ones I have eaten in a long time, and I have eaten a lot of them! I love the authentic decor in the restaurant too - it definitely doesn't feel like you are in Disney!

September 4th

We have a lunch reservation for Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano at Hollywood Studios for 13:05. This was one the "maybe" list for my last trip so I am excited to be heading there this time. I love a classic Italian meal and the decor in here seems really great. 

September 5th

We have a dinner reservation for California Grill at the Contemporary Resort for 19:35. This is probably the one I am most looking forward to. I am never one for "posh nosh" but I am really excited to watch Happily Ever After from the roof terrace and eat some great food. I have no idea what I am going to eat, but if in doubt get the chicken!

September 6th

We have a lunch reservation for Garden Grill in Epcot for 13:20. This was another favourite of mine from my last trip. I love the fact that the restaurant rotates into the Living with the Land ride (super underrated ride!). I had great character interactions and I adore the fact that there is goldfish in the mac and cheese.

September 7th

Our last day! We have breakfast reservation for Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom at 09:35. It is pretty much traditional to do the Magic Kingdom on your last day so why not do it in style at the Beast's castle?

We have our last lunch reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern at 13:40. We went here for our Christmas dinner back in 1999 so I am really excited to visit it again. The food looks great and will be a nice relaxing end to our trip. 

So, that is the overview of my dining reservations.  Stay tuned next week for FastPasses! 

No comments :

Post a Comment