Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Ultimate Blog Challenge Day Three: July 3 - Compliment Your Mirror Day

Hiiii-aaaa!

Welcome to day 3 of the UBC! Today is Compliment Your Mirror Day!

I know what you are thinking, your mirror really isn't that good....it might have some scratches and some chips, or maybe is covered in make up like mine. Well hold your horses! This isn't about your actual mirror, it is about what you see in it....YOU!

Go grab your nearest mirror, or go stand in front of it if it is a wall mounted one, and say hello to yourself! Now go ahead and compliment yourself! Don't feel stupid, you don't even have to say it out loud if you don't want to, but pick out some things about yourself that you like.

This might be a good day for all you people out there who have low self confidence, like myself, and could do with a bit of a pick me up. Everyone loves a compliment now and again, so who says it cannot come from yourself?

There is no known creator or origin of this day. It would appear as if it is made up (it probably is), but I personally think this is a good day to have! Even though it isn't an official calendar date, I think this is awesome. Especially for the likes of teenage girls who are severely pressured by the media to look a certain way, but that really is a but of a rant for another day.

So here is my challenge to you for today: grab 5 post-it notes and look in the mirror. Now I want you to pick out 5 individual things you really like about yourself and write each one on a separate post-it. I want you to stick them all around your mirror so that you can see them each and every day as a reminder!

I know there are going to be people scattered about the world who think this sounds stupid. But I tell you what, as a girl I find that a single compliment goes a long way in my head. There can be a day where I feel slightly shit about myself, whether it be because I just do, or I am remembering something someone said about a year ago. This day might even save someone's life if they are feeling that depressed about themselves. 

Now if you take anything from this, I want you to take this: a single compliment can go a long way. It only takes a few seconds to say, but can stick with someone for a lot longer than that.

That is all for now.

If you enjoyed today's UBC then please subscribe to my blog at the top on the left and click "join this site", and follow me on all the links to your right.

Toodle-oo!

No comments :

Post a Comment