Thursday, July 02, 2015

15 Signs You're Growing Up

Traditionally you're viewed as an adult when you hit 18 years old (or 21 in the USA, sorry!). However, as an almost-22-year-old I would like to dispute this. 

It is only now that I am starting to feel like I can almost fend for myself...sort of. 

Although, parts of my brain are still under construction and development...the Disney aspect of my brain still holds a lot of control.

However, as of recently there have been small things I have begun to notice that show I am not really the youngster my brain seems to think I am. 

So, I have decided that there are about 15 signs that really show when you are getting out of that stage of your life, and gradually progressing on to becoming an adult. 



1. You make your own doctors appointments 

2. And go to them on your own

3. You find yourself turning down the music

4. New slang words go over your head

5. Muscles and joints you didn't know you have start to ache

6. Chart music is somewhat a mystery 

7. Phrases such as "when I was younger" are creeping into your everyday vocabulary 

8. Christmas has lost some of its magic

9. But socks are suddenly the best present 

10. Early nights are appealing

11. Because long nights out are too much effort

12. And nights in with Netflix are better anyway

13. You realise the big 3-0 isn't too far away

14. People are starting to ask you when you plan on settling down

15. But most of all, you wish you were 6 again. 


I think that pretty much sums up how I have felt over the last few weeks. It would appear that growing up and getting older is pretty freaking scary! 

So, tell me in the comments below when did you first realise you were growing up, or what are you least looking forward to?



FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN |

No comments :

Post a Comment